Monday, July 22, 2019

(1892) Ten years


Normally today I should had been in Shinjuku celebrating, so to speak, the tenth anniversary of the day I first set foot in Japan -as I had written four years ago in Greecejapan. Alas, this year is the first time I couldn't do it so I'll settle for a picture of the place I had ramen for the first time, two days later. It's called "Tomiya" (十味や), it is in the western side if Shinjuku Station the first area I learned in Tokyo and it's a simple neighborhood ramen-ya but for me will always have a special significance. Its ramen was really good, although it would probably be a good idea to see how they taste ten years and many, many bowls later. 

(For a bigger version of this picture both in color and black and white, check my "Japan Arekore" set on Flickr)

0 comments: