Monday, July 22, 2024

(3185) You can't go to the same station twice

Nihon_Arekore_03213_Rainichi_2024_1_100_cl

Those who have been reading me for a while, know that July 22 is the anniversary of my first day in Japan and that every year I go to the west side of Shinjuku Station, the first place in Tokyo I stopped coming from Narita and which I think as my ground zero here. Every year there are changes (it has been 15years after all) but this year the change was enormous. Where in the picture there is sky, was until last year the Odakyu department store; now it has been demolished and there is a complete remodeling or the area and the station which includes this footbridge which used to be about 100 meters/yards to the right.

Nihon_Arekore_03213_Rainichi_2024_2_100_cl

Thankfully, right across the station, the cityscape is the same with the Modo Gakuen Cocoon Tower (モード学園コクーンタワー) in the center.

Nihon_Arekore_03213_Rainichi_2024_3_100_cl

And there is also the smoking area I used then and I kept using up up until eight years ago when I quit smoking. Like all Tokyo citizens I too say with every chance that Tokyo is constantly changing but this year was the first time I realized who drastic this change is sometimes.

(Για τις ίδιες φωτογραφίες σε μεγαλύτερο μέγεθος και σε μαυρόασπρη εκδοχή, δείτε το σετ «Japan Arekore» στο Flickr).

0 comments: