Monday, September 6, 2021

(2443) One of the most impressive BBQ joints...

Nihon_arekore_02468_Yakiniku_Heijoen_100_cl

 ...in Tokyo and it's right around the corner here in Asakusa: Heijoen (平城苑) with various cows looking at you menacingly as you are entering. The shop started in 1970 at a different part of Tokyo and now has branches all over Japan and even though I haven't seen them all, I'm sure this one stands out. Incidentally, there's another part of the façade that couldn't fit in the picture so I will get back to it --I must because it has been made to harmonize with the spirit of Asakusa. The meats are of course the world-famous wagyu (和牛), the very expensive and very tasty Japanese beef. 

(For a bigger version of this picture both in color and black and white, check my "Japan Arekore" set on Flickr).

0 comments: